Tuesday, September 9, 2014

· Vintage Pattern Finds ·

We went to the antique shop the other day, and it was a huge success. A beautiful vintage purse, necklaces, sewing magazines from the 1940-50s, and 9 vintage patterns!! I was absolutely elated when I saw a whole basket full of old-looking pattern envelopes. Needless to say, I bought pretty much all of them. 
They were a great price too - $2-3 each is all I paid for them. On Etsy they range from $15-20 on average. So I'm pretty happy with my purchase, and I can't wait to make dresses from the patterns! They aren't my size, but we're working on learning the concept of pattern resizing, so that shouldn't be a problem.

This is one of my favorites. In fact, I am about to start a yellow 1940s dress inspired by it!

This one is my second favorite. That middle dress is so beautiful, and it reminds me of Christmas! I'll have to make one like that this winter. (RIC-RAC!!!)

This one has a detachable "dickey," so you can change the look of the dress easily.

This one is dated 1948. You can really see the 1950s look coming - the skirt is longer and fuller than World War II era dresses, but it's not extremely full like actual 1950s dresses.

This dress is entitled "Mother and Daughter fashion."

I really love this dress - the pockets are sort of hidden by the full sides of the skirt, but it is not a separate panel. So nifty!!

Now we come to the really fun part. Vintage patterns for little girls' dresses! Is there anything cuter on the planet? I don't think so!

There is actually no name on this pattern, so I'm not sure if it's an Anne Adams or what. It is incredibly adorable nevertheless.

I like the simplicity of this design - it's cute but not complicated.

And now, the cutest pattern EVER!! This is so adorable, I can't stand it. And if it wasn't good enough that it was a dress for little girls, it has a matching pattern for different size dolls! How cute is that? The pattern is actually for a dress with a pinafore over it. I'm sold. I want to make hundreds of these. <3

So, I think it is safe to say that I had a pretty good trip to the antique store. I can't wait to go back and find some more goods!
My fall dress is finished, so we'll be taking pictures of it Friday. I hope to have my yellow 1940s dress done by then too. We'll see how it goes.
Visit the blog live to leave a comment!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)