Monday, December 22, 2014

· Make Do and Mend · Baby Dress ·




*Note: I will have the 1860s gown pictures up here tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me!*
A friend of mine who has a little 3-4 month old gave me the sunshade off of her baby carrier because it had broken. Naturally, I had to make something for the baby out of it!! I had a couple of fat quarters in the stash that matched quite nicely, so I combined them with the ruffle to make a pint-sized pillowcase dress. I have yet to make something out of the pink chevron from the sunshade, but I'm sure I'll find something to turn it into. 


The body of the dress is from just one fat quarter, and I used part of the other one for the facings and the ties. 


I wished I could have turned the fabric into something vintage-y, but between the lack of material and the chevron pattern, it wasn't really possible. I was able to practice my pattern-matching skills on the side seams, however. I only wish it would be so successful on other garments! :)


I'll be back tomorrow with the 1860s pictures!
Visit the blog live to leave a comment.




Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)